Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cleaning

Hey, I have a poll here with the question How Much Money Do You Spend on Cleaning Products every year. According to the research I've done, the average household spends $500-$600 a yr on household chemicals (that's bleach, window cleaner, floor cleaners, dusting supplies, disenfecting wipes, shout, carpet remover, sponges, mops, paper towels, etc. But I've even seem some statistics say the average is up to $800 a yr.
I was curious what your estimate was.

I've been doing a lot of research lately on the harmful effects of household chemicals. I never knew just how bad it was to clean the house with chemicals. Basically, most of the products you bring into your home to get rid of all that dirt and bacteria are more dangerous than the dirt and grim was to begin with.

Here's a video clip of the author of the book Holler for Your Health. She was on 3 TV.


here's another one on the news:



"On a typical cleaning day, in a typical home... levels of chemicals in the indoor air can be hundreds, even thousands of times higher than the outdoor air in the most polluted of cities. In fact, indoor air pollution levels would be high enough to trigger an inspection by health and safety authorities in any workplace setting. "(The Nature of Things, CBC-TV 2002)


I am a consultant for a company called Norwex. I am really excited about their products b/c I believe in them. After doing so much research about the harmful effects of chemicals I'm ready to be done with chemicals in my home. And with Norwex I haven't had to use chemicals since I bought one of their Enviro Cloths.
This microfiber cloth picks up all the dirt, grime, and bacteria and then kills it inside the cloth with the help of a silver based agent. It works great! It has been saving me time, $, and I feel so much better now not using chemicals in my home. The cloths are a really great price too! So worth the money ($14.50), especially when it will be saving you $500 a yr for 7 yrs (the life of the cloth).


This is just a portion of the research I have done, the things I have learned, and the new products I am excited about. BUT really I didn't mean to do this post as a sales pitch. I think it's annoying when people take every opportunity they can to try to get people to buy something.
So I didn't plan on doing this post as a way to sell a product... I just really was curious how much money people spend every year on products, and then I thought maybe I could educate you all on some interesting research I have found lately...

However I do believe in Norwex, and I am really excited to be a consultant for them. I will be having some shows soon which will be a lot of fun b/c I'll get to hang out with my friends and show them a demonstration of how these products work. :)

No comments:

Will

Adalynn Kalena

Tessa Elise

Jaren Andrew