Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm back!

I'd just like to say, it's nice to be back in the blogging world- and back to life in general. Wow, it's been a rough couple months. For anyone that knows how my pregnancies go- it's been the same ol' thing- battling the nauseau. Nauseau, however, is putting it lightly. For awhile on my worst days I would be vomiting 20-25 times a day. It got to the point where it really was an average of 16-20. I also had weeks where it was 10-15, but still anything above 10 is considered severe- the term is hyperemesis. It's no fun, it basically takes control of your life. I would be scared to move, b/c movement is a trigger for me and any motion could make me loose it. Many days I would just get up to go to the bathroom (and that would make me sick). I also couldn't talk when I got too nauseaus, b/c if I talked that would make me loose it. I just had to try to sit still and work on keeping a little sip of gaterade or broth or some sort of liquid down. It seems with me, once I start vommitting I can't stop- it's a cycle, b/c then I get dehydrated and the more dehydrated you get the more you vomit... believe me it gets old after awhile to vomit that much and not be able to do what you want to do. I hated not being able to take care of my kids or the house or fix meals. I hurt everywhere during that time, and I was very weak, and like I just explained very sick. So I just didn't do much... and I felt terrible to put so much on Billy and others. But thankfully, not only do I have the best husband in the world who does so much, but I also have the best ward and the best family... and the best ward family! :) My Mom came for awhile every morning before she went to work to help out with the kids while Billy was at school. (Billy came home at noon and worked from home the rest of the day.) I am so grateful for an amazing and wonderful and caring and sweet and kind and loving mother! My kids LOVE Grandma!
And then... my wonderful sister-in-law jumped in to help and called the compassionate service leader in our ward who then arranged for someone to be available to help watch the kids each weekday in the morning and for meals to be brought in 3 times a week until I got feeling better! I am amazed that so many people would be so willing to serve! I felt so loved! I am so grateful to have the gospel, and the blessings and peace it brings to my life. And I am so grateful to be in a ward that has such wonderful, good people who willingly and cheerfully do such kind things for others. I think of all the smiling faces of people that helped our family not once, but over and over again and I feel moved to tears at the love I have for them. Thank you to anyone that helped me (us)!
Well, anyway. I am also thankful for a great doctor who got me on at home care right away. I was blessed to have the services of great nurses who I talked to every day and who provided me with medicine through a pump running continuously and an IV around the clock for months. I am happy to say I have now been off the IV for about 3 weeks now. It is so nice not to be attached to that pole. It's also nice not to be vomitting as much anymore. I am down to 0-3 times a day. Yes 0! There are some days where I don't throw up at all- Yay!! It's so nice. I am still attached to the medicine pump but I'm really hoping to be off of it soon.
So how was I able to get off the IVs at the beginning of my 2nd trimester rather than the end (like the others)? I went to a homepathic doctor! And it's made all the difference. That's what's really gotten me better. He gave me estroil drops that have a combination of the right stuff to even out my hormone level. It has helped immensely.
I am now pretty much back to my normal activities! Yay! I am so happy about that! Last week I finally took the kids to the library, and we also went to the park as a family! We flew a kite and played and had fun. It was so nice to be able to get out and have fun with my kids again. I am now officially again a full-time mom and housekeeper. I even took on a big project today of going through all the kids clothes and getting out the clothes that are too small or winter clothes and making a winter box, a box for Will's cousin (the hand-me-down 3T stuff), a box of Tessa's old clothes to go in the attic, and rearranging all of Adalynn's and Tessa's drawers into what was too small for Adalynn to go to Tessa. Not only that but I got out the 3T hand-me-down clothes for Adalynn (a box and a garabage bag full) and sorted through those and put them away. And I got out the summer box. Let me tell you, my kids were so excited to see their swimsuits again!! I told them we would go soon. Oh, and I also did their laundry. Soooo... that was a really big day of organizing clothes. Wow.
But anyway, it's nice to be able to do things again and I'm so happy I can be the mom I want to be to my kids again... well I still have a lot of things to work on, but at least I can DO things. :)
Anyway, that's the update of the last 3 months. Soon I will post about Will's birthday and maybe some recent pictures!

3 comments:

JaredandKatie said...

Oh Teanne! I knew your pregnancies were bad, but not that bad! You are such an amazing person to go through everything you do and still have a smile on your face. You never cease to amaze me. I'm glad you are feeling better now!

The Waites said...

I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! I am so glad you are feeling better and that you now have days where you don't throw up at all! You are one special amazing lady!!! I am so sorry for all that you have had to endure over the last three months or so but I am also so glad that you have finally found SOMETHING to HELP you!!! Better late than never right! I hope you continue to improve!

Kathy P said...

Glad you're back and glad your are feeling better.

These kuttke babies are so cute but sure wreak havoc on our bodies!!

Take it easy still... don't try to be superwoman!

Will

Adalynn Kalena

Tessa Elise

Jaren Andrew