Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jaren Andrew Fenter

Our sweet baby boy has now joined our family, and it feels so good to have him here.  We love him so much!  I was scheduled to be induced again (as I have every time).  They scheduled me for 9 am on the 28th but of course they called and said they had no beds available and we could call back later for an update.  A couple hours later I anxiously call, and still no beds- but they said they were predicting early afternoon. 
We were pretty impatient- Billy and I had woken up that morning and gotten ready before  the kids woke up and then after they woke up we excitedly told them it was Baby day! and we were going to get to meet there new baby brother.  Will stayed home from school... I got them all dressed in nice clothes... my mom and brother had the day off work and my sister was able to come.  Everyone was anxious, excited and ready... but still no room in the hospital.  As it got later in the day they said they would be able to get a room that evening but my doctor would be gone in the evening and she wanted to be there to deliver the baby... SO they told us to come in at 3 am.
So 2 am rolls around after a short, light nap and we get up and go to the hospital.  I tested positive for Strep B and they wanted to give me 2 doses (4 hours apart) of the antibiotic before starting the patosin.  So they started the first dose and then we waited... and slept... and waited... I progressed slowly but surely.. Around 10 or 11 I was at a 5 and around 1 My mom and sister and Billy were looking at my contractions saying you are having them right on top of each other- they look pretty intense.  I had an epidural but could still feel a little.  I told them that I felt like something was going on and that maybe we should call the nurse..it had been awhile since they had come in.  Then my doctor and nurse came in, checked me and said "You are +2"  It was just funny how I went from a 5 to +2 without them checking me.  It's a good thing they came in when they did b/c he was RIGHT there!  They prepped as fast as they could and then she said "ok, you can push."  I pushed (like half a push) and she said "OK. Stop!"  And there he was. 
I held Billy's hands as tears streamed down my face.  There was our baby boy so sweet and perfect and beautiful.  Our little boy whom we felt so much love for right away, the one that now completes our family.  They placed that little bundle in my arms and I studied him and fell in love with him.  He had dark curly hair and a combination of everyone it seems- yet he is his own person.  He weighed 6 lbs 15 oz... although he peed on the doctor twice right after he was born and once on me when they gave him to me, so she said if he hadn't done that he would have been 7 lbs.  haha.  He was 21 in. long. (our tallest one so far- although Will was close to that).
He is such a good little baby. His siblings love him so much and want to watch him do everything and hold him and help feed him. He doesn't cry that much- really only during diaper changes. And he's so far our best sleeper at night. He actually sleeps at night- we haven't had one night where he is crying and up and won't sleep. He sleeps- even if it is restless and he wants to be held. And he goes 4-5 hours between feedings at night (on his own- I've had to wake him up to eat before). He is very calm and sweet and we are so happy to have him in our family.



                                   
Day 1- the first time his brother and sisters saw him.

Day 2 at the hospital.

Tessa wanted to hold him and be right by him wherever he was.  It was so cute.

Adalynn holding Jaren.

Will loves having a brother!

Daddy can't get enough.

Going home.


No comments:

Will

Adalynn Kalena

Tessa Elise

Jaren Andrew