First of all, to my wonderful husband and the father to my children.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. I can't imagine a better husband and father to my children. He is more than I ever could have hoped for. One of the best things is how much he is home. He works from home more than he goes in the office and the cool thing is he wants to be home with me and the kids, and we never get tired of him! You may think that is an exageration but we really don't. When he is gone for a couple of hours I miss him! I am a little spoiled by how much time he spends with us- I will take all I can get. :) He is wonderful with our children. He shows them so much love and attention. He can make them laugh so hard b/c he is the fun dad that tickles and wrestles with them, and does silly things just to get a smile out of them. He also is right beside me and on equal terms with me when we have to discipline and I love him for that. Our kids are so lucky to have such a loving, caring father who spends quality time with them, and I am so lucky I found him.
Now to the other Father in my life, my dad:

Words cannot say how much I love him! He is so thoughtful and kind. He hardly ever feels well, but yet when I call him on the phone he doesn't seem to want to dwell on himself he just wants to know how I'm doing. He is one of my favorite people to talk to. He is loving and sweet; he has the ability to make people feel good b/c he is not afraid to give compliments (he has given me numerous over the years and it has made me a happier person), he jokes around and has a good time with anyone- even people he's just met; he is a wonderful people person- so outgoing and friendly. I think all of us kids and grandkids love his attention- he has so much love to give, and we love to be with him. He is interesting to talk to and we all have fun when we are with him. That is him in a nutshell- and we love him so much!
And to a Father I have never personally met, but yet I love him:

This is Billy's dad. He passed away when Billy was 15. Billy has told me some wonderful things about him and it sounds like he was a great dad. I am sure part of who Billy is is because of his dad, so I have to love him for helping to raise such a wonderful son. But I also feel love for him b/c I have felt his love. Billy says that he gave the best hugs- and you could really feel his love when he'd give you a hug. Well, maybe he is able to desperse his love in a different way now. I am greatful for his spirit that we have felt from time to time.




1 comment:
That is such a sweet post. I have heard that boys are harder to potty train that girls. Ethan was a peice of cake but Aidan is a little more stubborn. Being "free" has really helped him. If I out undies or pull up/diapers on him he pees. Hopefully he won't turn out to be a nudist! ha ha ha
Post a Comment