.jpg)
Our little baby girl was born on Wednesday, July 2nd. Here's the story: We went to the hospital at 10:30am, at 12 they gave me petocin followed by an epidural and then the doctor came in to break my water. That was all done by 12:30. So quick!! I was already at a 4 when they started that and things progressed very quickly after that. Tessa was born at 4 pm. It was the quickest, easiest labor and delivery I have ever experienced! I didn't even feel one contraction! She was out in basically one push- everything was just nice and easy! We were so blessed.
We had finally decided on the name Tessa a couple weeks before she was born, but I still wanted to see her before we finalized it. I thought if she looked like Billy that would defiantly be a sign to me that her name should be Tessa. And she does look like Billy I think- she looks different then Will and Adalynn when they were newborns. We have felt really good about her name; so she is Tessa Elise. She was born healthy and strong, weighing 7 lbs 7 ounces and 18 1/2 in. long.
She is a good baby and doesn't cry too much. She wants to be held all night long, but hopefully she'll be able to sleep better at night soon. We love her. She is so sweet and little and we are really enjoying the addition to our family. Will loves her and he is so nice to her. He gives her lots of kisses, and talks to her, and he always includes her as part of our family now. I think he is just excited about her and he thinks it's cool to have another baby sister! Adalynn has moments of curiosity about her, and I think some moments of jealousy, but so far she is doing a lot better than I could have hoped for with the adjustment. She has actually been really happy lately, and I'm so glad she's handling the transition well. This picture of the kids is the first morning home from the hospital. They were both excited and curious about her.Billy is now going to be home for 8 weeks! So we are going to have lots of family time now. It is so nice having him home on paternity leave. It makes having a newborn so much less stressful! He is a great help to me- we pretty much take care of the kids and house work evenly- and I'm so lucky that he is willing to help out so much and be able to be here 24-7.
Well, here's some more pictures of our little girl and our new family of 5!







11 comments:
Thanks for posting all the super cute pics and the whole story!! I hope you guys are doing great today! It was so nice to spend some time with your whole family the other day. They all seem to be adjusting really well to your beautiful new addition!!
Congrats Fenter family! She sure is a cutie! I'm so happy for you that the delivery went so smootly and that she is finally here. Yeah! You're not pregnant anymore! You have such a cute family!
I was so glad ot finally be able to meet her today!! She is so pretty and really does like like Billy!! Congrats again!
Congrats! I am so glad she is here! She is beautiful and I do think she looks like Billy too!
What a sweet girl. I can't wait to see her and might I add that you look incredible too! I'll call you later today! Congrats!!
What a cutie!! She does look like Billy. I'm glad that you had such a great delivery. Man, wouldn't that be nice?!? Hope you are recovering well. Tessa (love the name BTW) is beautiful!
Yea!! I'm so excited about Tessa. What a cute name! Don't you love easy deliveries. I hope everything is going great for your family.
Tessa is beautiful! What a precious family! So glad everything went well! Congrats and love!
Grandma & Grandpa Reed want you to know how much we love you all.
You two are really good parents. You show your three show much attention and love. We are so proud of you and love you. These are great pictures. I have been bragging and showing people here at work. They are just precious.
Love, Grandma
So sweet! I'm sorry I never called you back. Maybe I'll call you right now. :)
Rachel
Congrats! I am sorry that I am just telling you this! She is already 13 days old! Your kids are so cute there admiring their newest addition to the fun! I am so happy that you had such an easy delivery! Hope to see you at play dates soon. I can't believe you got back to blogging so soon; it took me months! Let me know if you need anything!
Post a Comment