Well we have a new kitchen table now! (new to us) It's in really good shape! It's strong and sturdy- it looks barely used. They said they got it at the Room Store. The best part- it will comfortably fit 6. It's a lot bigger! It's funny, Will and Adalynn used to sit on their sides of the table and they'd be right next to e/ o- like w/in arms reach, but now they are on their normal sides and it seems like they are far away from e/o. It's so awesome- it looks so much better! Oh, and they gave us the table and chairs for $20! Yay!
This is our old table. You probably can't tell as much in the picture, but our new one is much bigger.

In other news Will is officially potty trained! I'm SO Happy! It has been almost a week w/ no accidents at all! We've been potty training (again) for almost 2 weeks now, and at first he had maybe 1 or 2 accidents a day, but he was still doing really good. We are so proud of him now though! He has really got the hang of it now! That boy can hold it longer than I can! (sorry maybe TMI) So no accidents for about a week and he's even had 2 or 3 nights where he was dry all night, AND today he used a public bathroon (at church) for the first time! Oh I LOVE only having 2 kids in diapers! It's such a relief that he's finally potty trained.
Thank you to those people that gave me advice. I'll tell you what- M&M's work!! I have even tried bribery and candy in the past (Easter candy, halloween candy, etc.) But for some reason having the m&ms out where he can see them and saying 1 for #1 2 for #2 just worked! And I was a lot more relaxed and happy this time. Someone suggested doing a happy silly dance when they go, and I think that made a big difference. He's been so proud of himself lately, and I think the extra love and attention has just made him so much happier. He's been very loving lately just hugging me out of nowhere and telling me he loves me.

Here's him enjoying a sucker right before bed. haha "WHAT?!? you say?" Yep, right before bed. We went to the store and a lady gave him a sucker. So I knew he needed to go #2 for awhile when we got home, so I told him after he went he could get the sucker, and he finally went right before bed. I told him he deserved it. It does feel funny giving him so much candy though. At least my kids don't go crazy when the get candy.
Ok, and I know I mentioned Adalynn in the last post, but I guess I'll just throw in a picture of her too b/c we think she's pretty cute too.




2 comments:
yay! I down 2 to go! Isn't it a great feeling! Super cute pictures by the way.
I love the table. It it so nice to get "new" furniture. Congrats on getting Will potty trained!!
Post a Comment