Sunday, January 11, 2009

New beds for the kids

First of all, Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband, Billy! 6 years ago today I was the luckiest bride ever to marry such an awesome man. These last 6 years have been wonderful because he was by my side. I would be lost without him. He is my best friend and I feel like I could never spend too much time with him. He is such a great dad and husband (and person) and I am still such a lucky lady to have him in my life.
My parents were so nice, and watched our kids last night. Thankfully, it seems the kids were happy and acting like themselves last night. So it was nice to just go out and enjoy ourselves and not worry. We had such a good date last night! It was so good to get out and have a nice long date. We went to Carabas- that place is nice! The environment was romantic, the service was wonderful, the food was good, and the company was even better. Then we saw Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandlar. That was a good movie. It was funny. So it was a really nice night.

OK, on another note. All 3 kids recently grew out of their beds. Sounds kind of funny, it more happened over time but just recently it starting seeming kind of urgent to get them into bigger beds. Will was still in a toddler bed w/ a railing and it just seemed too small for him- we were thinking he didn't need the railing anymore. Adalynn was still in her crib and I think she was starting to really dislike not having the freedom to get out of that little jail when she would see Will climb out of bed every morning. And Tessa had a playpen that slowly started bowing in the middle until it just seemed like she would kinda get stuck and not be able to move like she wanted to. It just didn't seem that safe or comfortable.
SO we got bunk beds! We love them! We all do. We've been wanting bunk beds for the kids for awhile and we were finally able to do it. Will loves climbing up the ladder and playing on his new bed. He had no problem adjusting to it.

Adalynn is on the bottom. She has adjusted pretty well... except for the first night when we found her underneath her bed on the floor. lol. I don't think she rolled off either b/c it was her first night in the bed and I think she would've cried if she rolled off. We think she got down and layed on the floor- maybe she thought it was more comfortable. Anyway, since then she has stayed in it and really seems to like it. She seems so big now that she can just walk out of her room after a nap.

And I think Tessa loves having a nice big bed to roll around in. She has plenty of room now!

No comments:

Will

Adalynn Kalena

Tessa Elise

Jaren Andrew