Sunday, April 12, 2009

Will's Birthday

Well, I know it's Easter weekend, but it was also Will's birthday this last weekend. My little boy turned 4 on Friday! I can't believe he is so big. He sang for the first time with the primary in church today, and I had to move right next to Billy to tell him how excited I was to see Will. We both had huge smiles on our faces to see him up there for the first time. And then he started singing, and silly me, I got all emotional and started crying b/c I'm so proud of him and I couldn't believe how big he is. He did SO good up there! He looked so cute and he just sang w/ the rest of the kids. My heart was just so full. I am proud of him.

Well, here's the recap of his bday. The first half of his bday was kinda like any other day except that I told him it was his birthday in the morning and first thing he said was "And I get my tigger today?" He has asked for two things for his birthday: a wagon and a tigger. I tried to make the day special for him by making anything he wanted for meals that day. He picked eggs for breakfast and out of all things when I asked him what he wanted for lunch he said Pizza. So we went ahead w/ that, and that was his big meal pick for the day. After nap time was when we were all able to get together for presents. We saved the big present for his birthday: the wagon. But we gave him some games, a puzzle, and a little microphone like Sid the Science Kid has. He was excited about all his presents and loved them. We went to ColdStone for his free ice cream that night.
Saturday was the day of the big party. I wanted to have it at the park, but with the weather we had to move it to our house. Our house is small but it worked. I made ice cream cone cupcakes for the party. You just get an ice cream cone, and put a cupcake upside down into the cone then a mini muffin on top and frost it to make it look like an ice cream cone. I was so excited to have finally done something creative for a party! (I can't take credit for the idea, but at least I pulled it off, so I was happy)
Will got tons of great gifts from everyone! There was a good variety too- from watercolors, to a dragon that talks and walks (Adalynn and Tessa like that one too), to his Tigger!(yay!), to a sticker book that kept his attention really well at church today... anyway I'm leaving out some things, but point is he loved everything and I'm so happy that he has so many new toys today.
We saved the wagon for the last. The kids were so excited to see the wagon! And all of them played w/ it for a long time afterward. Everyone wanted to ride in it! It took a little while for everyone to get that they needed to take turns, but once they were ok w/ that, they all had so much fun! So we let them play w/ the wagon for awhile! then we did duck, duck, goose and pin the tail on the donkey.
We all had a lot of fun! Although, I have to admit- I was glad when it was over and just our family again though. I love everyone so much and we had a great time, but parties get hectic and it seemed so calm once it was all over.
Today Will and I played Candyland and Chutes and Ladders during naptime, and I was so proud of him that he got the hang of both games right away. We had a great time playing and he won every time! I wasn't even letting him win either- he was just lucky! haha.
They changed Candyland- I think it used to have dice when we were growing up but now they draw cards and it has colors. You move to the next color, so it's really easy for someone Will's age to get. I love that we can finally play board games together!
My little boy is growing up!

2 comments:

joni said...

He was so cute singing with all the primary kids! See I told you he sings for me! What a cute boy! I am glad you got emotional because they all make me emotional too! Happy Birthday to Will!

"Summershine" said...

We had such a fun time at Will's party! You got some great pics!! Loegan and Malia had such a fun time!! Thank you for all of the work you put into for them to have such a fun time! It seems that parties are more and more hectic as they get older? It was fun and you did a great job hostessing (is that a word) with the last minute change of plans! I love all of your kids, I just wish I had more time to spend with them. They all grow up too fast, huh?

Will

Adalynn Kalena

Tessa Elise

Jaren Andrew