Friday, June 18, 2010
Adalynn's birthday!
Well, it's been a month but I'm finally getting around to pictures of Adalynn's birthday! She was so excited to turn 3. Before her birthday I kept asking her what she wanted and she would almost always say chocolate cake even when I was asking her what kind of present she wanted or what food (meals) she wanted- she just wanted chocolate cake. So- ok, that's easy! BTW, if you remember last year she used to not like chocolate and now she loves it! haha. She also really wanted a balloon for her birthday, and I wanted to surprise her with it. So the morning of her birthday I woke up early and went to buy a birthday balloon. When I got home she had just woken up and she was so excited to get a birthday balloon. And all day she was talkng about how it's her birthday and she's 3. It's just so cute and fun to hear her talk, especially when she gets excited about something.
She opened her gifts after breakfast and her favorite thing was the Loving Family Car we gave her. It came with a dog and groceries, and we bought a Mom and daughter to go with it. Then later from her aunts she got the rest of the set- we now have a Grandma, Mom, Dad, older brother, 2 sisters and a baby- just like our family. :) It's so cute. They love to play with it. We also got a gift card from Uncle Heber & Chayo and they wanted a bathroom (out of all the rooms you can buy) So we make a little house and it has 2 baths, a toilet and a sink. So they've gotten lots of play time out of it. It's fun to see them pretend- especially Adalynn b/c she'll act out coversations, like "Do you want to take a bath? OK,let's take a bath. There all clean." And she'll narrate everything she's doing.
Anyway, so then we decided to go to San Tan Mall and the kids had lots of fun at the splash pad there. Later that day we met with our friends and had Pizza- Adalynn's choice. You can see the pictures, it's so cute. We ate outside and all the kids wanted to sit on the same side- they have 3 kids too(2 yr old twins and a son that's almost 4). So the kids had fun. It was a good day!
The next week, we decided to do a combined birthday party for Adalynn and Tessa since Tessa's birthday is coming up soon. I figured since they are turning 2 and 3then they'd probably like a lot of the same things and have fun doing a combined party. I asked Adalynn about it and she was all for that idea. So we had it at Aunt Summer's house. The girls got a lot of the same gifts which is great. I like having 2 of the same thing for them b/c then they don't fight over it, and they have a lot of fun playing together. They both got shopping carts and backpacks. They like pretending to go to school or the store. It's perfect! They also got 2 similiar art kits which is also really good for them- we lucked out! We got a lot of great variety, and they've had fun with their new toys this last month.
Infact, my kids are getting along really well lately! It makes me so happy! They are like best friends sometimes. They all play together and pretend together and we sing songs together. The other day Tessa and Adalynn were holding hands and laughing and I don't know if there is a better feeling as a parent than to see your kids getting along so well and being happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Your children are so beautiful. I am glad She had a good birthday. I want to get that family car toy now! Gabi loves people toys like those tiny princesses and barbies she carries armfuls everywhere.
Post a Comment