Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby Names

I have multiple papers with babies names written down and even a saved document. I was sitting here about to do something else on the computer and I looked down at my list and thought- I'm going to put my list on my blog, and maybe my blog readers can even vote again! That's always fun. So I think I'll do a poll just for the fun of it.
OK, I have been pretty set on the name Jaron, and when I was about 6 weeks along Billy and I were talking and I said, "What boy name do you like?" He said Harrison, and I said Jaron. Then I asked Will, "Will which name do you like better? Harrison or Jaron?" And he said Jaron. And ever since then he has been saying that he's going to have a brother named Jaron- even before we knew it was a boy. Sure enough, he was right about the boy part. He also called Tessa's name too- he knew it would be Tessa before we decided on it. So maybe he has some spritual intuition or insight.... Anyway now Adalynn and Tessa have caught onto it and they are already calling him Jaron. Adalynn will say "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" Until she has my attention, and then, "Jaron's in your tummy." And they'll rub my tummy and say, "Hi Jaron. I love you." It's really cute. I would love to just get in and start calling him by a name too, even if it's a different name it'd be nice to call him a name. But Billy hasn't given in yet...
So we are still debating on a name... but I think the kids would be really confused if we all the sudden changed it on them.
So Billy really likes the name Dastan. Which I really like too, and that's why I'm confused. I can't picture it like I can Jaron- I'm a little more set on that name, but I do like the name Dastan and I could definetly come around to it, so it most likely will either be Jaron Andrew Fenter or Daston Andrew Fenter.
Other names we like are: Trevin, Dayne, Treston, Ammon, Davin or Trenton. Dayne just kinda sticks out there b/c it's the only one that doesn't end in "on" but Billy likes it... although he really likes Dayne Jaris (say it fast... dangerous...) I don't think so!! haha.
So that's our dilema right now. It's on my mind a lot lately. I used to think it'd be so fun to pick a name for your kids, but it can be a little stressful to. I mean he'll live with this name the rest of his life...

3 comments:

The Waites said...

I have a nephew named Trevin who just turned 17 and he is just an incredible, sweet, driven, athletic kid, whom I adore!!! So that name is way high up on my like list. I of course could never use it, but you sure could! I also just recently met a Daxton which is close to the one Billy likes and I really liked that name. For me, I love the name Jaron! It is one of the names I have plans for of my own! ;) Good luck! Picking names is so hard, but fun too! :)

Anonymous said...

We named Gabriella, Melinda and Brian and Brooke both called my belly Mindy. But toward the end we decided on Gabi. And so I don't think there would be that much confusion because once the baby is born and your children match a name with a face it will be fine! I like Harrison aw. Jaron is cute, it's my cousin's name. He spells it Jaren. Good luck!!

"Summershine" said...

I love the name Dayne!! I think of an adult though because of the Karen Kingsbury books. It would be cute for a baby too!
I think that name is my favorite.
Jaron isn't my favorite just because we already have one in the family (not that it would be bad to have 2 Jarons). I think we already have a Trevin too. But, in our family, it's kinda hard not to have duplicates!!

Will

Adalynn Kalena

Tessa Elise

Jaren Andrew