Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Adalynn's birthday


Adalynn is 1 now! Her birthday was actually the 17th, but I wanted to wait until after I had her pictures from her party to put up a post. We had a great birthday party for her, as you can see in the slideshow. She got some wonderful gifts- toys and clothes! It was great; and she actually tried to open 2 of them, so that's not too bad for a one year old.
On her actual birthday we went to Cold Stone as a family. If you are not a member of their birthday club you should join! You get free ice cream on your birthday (the coupon actually expires a week after your birthday so you don't have to go the day of). Anyway, so Will and Adalynn had Cold Stone for the first time on Adalynn's birthday. We got the free ice cream which was a pretty good size, and we all shared it. It was enough for all of us too! It was really good. I brought the camera with me while we were there and took some pictures of Adalynn sitting with her Daddy eating ice cream. I think they are very sweet pictures. Billy is such a good Dad- so loving with the kids. Take a look at these pictures though!



Don't they look alike! It's weird, b/c normally when I look at her I think she looks more like me as a child, and people have commented before how she looks like me. I've always known that in some ways she looks like Billy, but this is the first time where I really saw it clearly. And isn't it funny how they are making the same exact expression in that picture where they're dazing?! I thought that was pretty funny.

Well, it was a fun time celebrating Adalynn's birthday. We love her sooo much! She is our sweet little girl, and I can't imagine life without her. Here's something I wrote about her in my journal when she was about a month old "Sometimes when I hold her we just stare at each other, and as I look into her beautiful eyes and hold her close to me, I think, She is an angel! She is so sweet and precious and innocent. I can already tell she has such a sweet spirit. She is someone special. My sweet little angel! I love her so much!" I still think she is so sweet and special, she just has a lot more personality now! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!! (a little late) So bad Olivia and I couldn't be there. It looks like she had fun.
We still have a present for her ;-)

"Summershine" said...

That was so fun to celebrate her birthday! She is so cute!! So exciting that the other little girl is coming soon! Cool also about the website. I'll check it out. Billy is so very talented!!

jenn goodman said...

Happy Birthday sweet Addie!

(do you ever call her that?)

Photographer? Not "proessionally". CB has been encouraging me to start a photography biz. I DO take all the pictures of my kiddos. I loooove it and they do too ... most of the time! ;) Thanks for the sweet compliment!

You're an ego booster!

JaredandKatie said...

Hey!! No baby yet, huh? F=Dis you decide on a name yet???

Will

Adalynn Kalena

Tessa Elise

Jaren Andrew