
Happy Holidays everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas and we're looking forward to the new year.
This Christmas was up there with the best for me. Oh, it was just SOooo fun getting ready for Christmas (I was so excited to see my kids open presents Christmas morning I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep), and Christmas morning was awesome! The feeling in the air was almost tangible. When we reminded Will it was Chrismas he got so excited. We ran w/ them down the hall to see what Santa brought. After asking for a "big Pooh" for months now, Will was so happy that he delivered. lol. Adalynn got a giraffe that rocks- like a rocking horse. She loves it. After 2 Christmas's in a row of being so sick during my back-to-back pregnancies, it was just so so nice to feel good and healthy this year. And then to have 2 kids and not just one excited about presents made it that much funner.... it was definetly a feel good day.
Then later on that day we went to my brother's house where the Reed's got together. We did something different this year. We actually had a Christmas program, w/ an opening & closing prayer and song, and everyone taking their turn say a prepared thought about what Christmas really means. The spirit of Christmas (or the spririt of Christ) was really there, and I loved adding that to our Christmas traditions. It was wonderful. And spending time with my family was fun in itself! The kids exchanged presents and all the adults loved watching them! Loegan and Malia are such sweet kids and really get it- that it's better to give then receive. They are very thoughtful. Olivia was so cute and sweet! She gave Will her present and then gave him a big hug- it just melted my heart. And Caysie and Connor are such good kids. Connor is just a month old and I didn't hear one cry from him in 3 hrs. It was nice to have a newborn baby boy to look at when speaking of the birth of Christ.
The day before we got together w/ Billy's family and had lots of fun as well. I am so blessed to have such good families- my family (my kids and husband), my family (my parents and siblings), and my in-laws.
It was a good year!
So here's us making sugar cookies for Santa and for our goody plates. (we actually did Christmas baking this yr- I don't remember if I've ever made goody plates, b/c I never felt like it when I was pregant. lol- and I've had years of pregnancy. haha)We had a lot of fun. I knew Will would like making sugar cookies- at least the part where you put the cookie cutters down and make shapes. He thought that was great... but I think he liked eating them even more!


Oh, and thanks for the new dress Grandma! We love it!





1 comment:
ok so that pig tail shot of Adalynn she looks alot like EmmaLee there! cute cute kids!
Post a Comment