Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Happy Birthday, Mom! Yesterday was my Mom's birthday and we all fortunate enough to get together yesterday and see her, but I wanted to tell her yet again Happy Birthday. I hope you had a great day yesterday, Mom!
I wanted to tell you how much I love you! Being a Mom just makes me appreciate you so much more. Sometimes when I have hard days I remember that you went through this too, yet looking back I never ever remember you getting really mad, loosing your patience or temper. Maybe it occasionally happened but I don't remember it. I only remember looking up to you and wanting to be just like you someday. I still want that. What an amazing woman you are! I appreciate now all those diapers you changed, all those stories you read, the songs you sang to us, the lessons you taught us, the many meals you cooked for us with love, the hours and hours you have given in selfless service to us as your children. Thank you for being the best Mom we could ever ask for!

Now that I am grown I can really see how you are w/ young kids, and sometimes I remember glimpses of things you did w/ us when I see you with your grandchildren. I admire your creativity. Even when you are busy you think of a way to patiently involve the kids, like letting them help you cook or clean or pull weeds. Or coming up with a creative project for them to do. Your love is manifested in so many ways. Thank you for your example, I will still continue to strive to be a good mom just like you.

4 comments:

Kathy P said...

Mom's are the best!!! Happy Birthday!!

Rod said...

Teanne,
I saw your post yesterday, but did not have a chance to respond. Thank you so much for all the kind words and your thoughfulness. I think you a great mother to your three precious children. I am looking forward to spending mother daughter time together on Saturday. Love you lots,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday MOM I love you still! (second mom) remember that Teanne??

"Summershine" said...

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto! Isn't she the most amazing Mom?

I didn't have a chance to do a blog post for your birthday Mom, but, you really are the best!! It was great to spend your birthday together as a family. I am so looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day with you tomorrow!!

Teanne, thanks for the amazing post you did for Mom, you said some really awesome things and really captured Mom in this post.

Will

Adalynn Kalena

Tessa Elise

Jaren Andrew